Are you still on the hunt for Thanksgiving Social Media content ideas?
I get it – it’s not easy to come up with something that will be both relevant to your audience and your business.
That’s why I wanted to share some of my favorite Thanksgiving content ideas so that your business can be seen by your ideal audience at just the right time.
Check them out and choose the ones that are relevant to your business.
Thanksgiving Social Media Content Ideas for Small Business Owners
You’ll love my other blog post: How To Effortlessly Increase Holiday Sales (25 Clever Ways)
Thank Your Customers and Followers
If you’re a small business owner, Thanksgiving is an ideal time to thank your customers and followers for their support throughout the year.
Here are some of the gratitude Social Media content ideas:
- Post a video thanking your customers for their support.
- Create a special lead magnet (gift) and share it with them.
- Create beautiful ‘thank you’ graphics and express your gratitude.
- Share a post about the impact your customers have made on your life.
- Share a gratitude quote and include your own appreciation for the customers.
Host a Thanksgiving Contest or Giveaway
As a small business owner, hosting a giveaway or contest on Social Media is a surefire way to get people excited about your brand.
Here are some content ideas for fun contests and giveaways that will bring your followers closer to your brand and increase engagement:
- Tell your customers to take a selfie with one of your Fall products and tag you in the photo. Then you choose the best picture, and they win a prize.
- Share a funny or interesting photo of your product and tell your audience to ‘caption this.’ The best caption wins!
- Create a graphic filled with different Thanksgiving items and hide a turkey somewhere. Make sure it’s hard to find. The first person who finds it wins the prize.
- Tell your audience to share testimonials about your products, and then pick a winner.
Share Fall or Thanksgiving Stories
Storytelling is a powerful way to connect with your followers and grow your business. Whether you’re creating stories around Thanksgiving or Fall, there are endless possibilities for content you can share on Social Media.
Here are some storytelling prompt ideas to get you started:
- Share a story about your family’s Thanksgiving traditions.
- Talk about how you give back to your community during the holiday season.
- Share a Thanksgiving behind-the-scenes – what you’re doing.
- Re-introduce yourself, express gratitude to your audience, and share your mission statement.
- Talk about how you come up with the new Fall products and show your audience some sneak peeks.
Share Fall Tips or Hacks in Your Niche
Before I share the content ideas, let me first shock you with this;
- Just sharing value won’t help you build a great business. However, sharing your personal experience and opinion will.
People can find valuable tips everywhere, but they can only find YOUR views and ideas from YOU.
Now let’s look at some niche-specific ideas:
- If you’re in the health industry, share tips on how you stay healthy during the holidays.
- Discuss how you plan your day or week if you sell business planners.
- If you’re a fashion blogger, show your audience some of your Fall outfit ideas.
- If you sell wax melts, share your favorite Fall scents.
- If you sell home decor, share some of your favorite ways to decorate for Fall.
- If you’re in the beauty and makeup industry, show how you get ready for Thanksgiving.
Build Curiosity About Your Black Friday Promos
As the Black Friday promotions start to roll in, you’ll want to ensure that your audience is ready for them.
Before unveiling your actual promotion, ask yourself:
- What kind of content would build up the anticipation?
- What type of content would create the most excitement?
- What would make your followers want to buy from you?
I usually start building curiosity a week before my Black Friday promos. Here are some of my content ideas you can steal:
- Create a blurred graphic of your product and ask your audience to guess what this might be.
- Share behind-the-scenes photos of how you’re creating the products. But remember to be mysterious and not show what the product is.
- Create a graphic with 3 of your best-selling products and ask your audience if they can guess which one will be on sale this Black Friday. You can surprise them with a discount on all three of them.
- Talk about how your new product will change people’s lives, but don’t share what it is. Add a caption: “You’ll have to wait until Black Friday to find out what this is!”
You might also be interested in reading: Killer Black Friday Promotional Ideas To Help You Stand Out
Share a Thanksgiving Meme or GIF
Memes and GIFs can be a great way to increase Social Media engagement and get people to share your content.
Before you create your own Thanksgiving memes, think about your audience and your business. Think of ideas that relate to both.
Here are some questions that help me every time I want to create relevant memes:
- What are some challenges my audience experiences – that are also connected with my niche?
- Can I make this meme funny without hurting someone’s feelings?
- Can I relate my product to this meme? How?
If you want to create your own memes, use Canva or this meme generator.
Here are some Thanksgiving meme ideas you can create:
- If you’re in the health and fitness niche, create a meme about gaining weight because of all the Thanksgiving food.
- If you’re in the fashion industry, create a meme about wearing sweatpants during Thanksgiving because of the elastic waist.
- If you’re in the travel niche, then create a meme about traveling for Thanksgiving (expectations vs. reality)
- If you’re in the wax melts industry, create a meme that shows how people are waiting for the wax melts to go on sale.
Ask Thanksgiving Poll Questions
Polling your audience is one of the most effective ways to engage them. You can also better understand these people and their thoughts about specific topics. This is valuable information that will be useful for your future content and promotions.
Here are some poll question ideas that you can use:
- What are some things that make Thanksgiving meaningful for you? A) Family B) Food C) Other (share below)
- What are you most thankful for? A) My family B) My business C) My freedom D) All of the above
- What do you prefer to buy during the Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday deals? A) Clothes B) Makeup C) Other (share below)
- What’s your budget for the Thanksgiving & Black Friday deals? A) Under $100 B) Under $200 C) Other (Share below)
You’ll also love my other blog posts:
- 50 Outstanding Thanksgiving Poll Questions for Small Business Owners
- 100+ Amazing Social Media Poll Questions To Skyrocket Your Engagement
- The Best 53 Instagram Poll Questions To Ask Your Followers
Share Thanksgiving Quotes
Throughout the years of running a small business online, I’ve noticed that people love to read and share quotes on Social Media.
This can be a great way to spread your brand values and message. Choose your favorite quotes, and don’t forget to add some of your thoughts:
- “Wear gratitude like a cloak, and it will feed every corner of your life.” – Rumi
- “True forgiveness is when you can say, ‘Thank you for that experience.'” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Be thankful for everything that happens in your life; it’s all an experience.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.” – Randy Pausch
- “If you want to turn your life around, try thankfulness. It will change your life mightily.” – Gerald Good
Tell Funny Thanksgiving Jokes
Whether you’re running a digital or product-based business, being funny can help you. Here’s why:
- Being funny helps your brand stand out from the crowd and makes you more memorable.
- It shows off your personality, which is essential for attracting customers and building relationships with them over time.
- Humor can also describe you as approachable and friendly.
Pick and choose your favorite Thanksgiving joke below:
- What did the turkey say to the turkey hunter on Thanksgiving Day? – Quack, Quack!
- Why didn’t the turkey want dessert? – He was stuffed!
- Why did the cranberries turn red? – Because they saw the turkey dressing.
- What sound does a limping turkey make? – Wobble, wobble!
- What do you call a running turkey? – Fast food.
Check out these 15 Insanely Clever Fall Marketing Ideas For Your Business
Share Thanksgiving-Specific Hacks
Before sharing your Thanksgiving hacks, ensure they are related to your niche and helpful to your audience.
For example, consider sharing some of your favorite Thanksgiving recipes if you’re blogging about cooking and baking.
Or you can share some healthy Thanksgiving recipes if you’re promoting weight loss products.
Here are other ideas for Thanksgiving-related content that you can share:
- How to plan and prepare a Thanksgiving dinner on a budget.
- Top 5 Thanksgiving recipes for weight loss.
- 3 wax melt scents – perfect for Thanksgiving.
- How to make a beautiful Thanksgiving centerpiece everyone will talk about for years.
- How to dress up for Thanksgiving – an outfit that’s comfortable, affordable, and fashionable.
You’ll also love these 145 Unique Fall Instagram Captions For Small Business
Conclusion: Boosting Your Holiday Sales
These Thanksgiving Social Media content ideas will help you create something different and exciting for your followers during the holidays.
But as a small business owner, you probably want to increase your chances of making more sales, right?
To do that, you will need to create a strong content strategy plan. However, this part can be tricky and time-consuming if you have to make it from scratch.
Luckily, I’ve created the Holiday Sales Bundle that will give you the following:
- The best marketing hacks to boost your Holiday sales,
- Holiday Business planner to help you stay organized and get the most out of your marketing efforts,
- Fill-in-the-blank Social Media content templates so you don’t spend hours creating from scratch,
- Fill-in-the-blank Email templates so you can save time and increase your conversion rate,
- And Holiday Canva graphics to help you stand out on Social Media.
Use the code BLOG25 at checkout to get 25% Off.