Did you know you can use Social Media holidays to grow your business? You might think I’m kidding but I’m super serious (which rarely happens hehe). So let me explain…
Not many entrepreneurs and business owners celebrate these holidays. But you are different and would easily stand out from the crowd on Social Media. Sounds great, right? Because it is.
So in this blog post, you will find the best holidays you can celebrate on Social Media. I also included marketing ideas for each month, and some Social Media freebies that will help you get more engagement, followers, and sales.
Before you continue reading about the holidays, I would love to connect and get to know you. So I invite you to our Big Income Paradise coaching group where you will learn about Social Media, Pinterest Marketing and so much more.
This post includes affiliate links to products I really love and recommend, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you. I will use the earnings to maintain my blog and business.
Table of Contents
Why You Should Celebrate Social Media Holidays:
Like I said before, you will stand out from the crowd. It’s logical that you will look different if you do something that most business owners don’t.
Celebrating Social Media holidays is one of those things. Yes, it’s true that most people celebrate those big known holidays like the 4th of July, Christmas…
However, how many do you see celebrate Social Media Day (which is on the 30th of June)? Well, I celebrated it and right away someone commented that he didn’t know there was such a thing.
When most people zig, you should zag. That’s how you stand and build a strong brand and business. So now that you know that, let’s look at how to use the holidays.
How To Use Holidays To Grow Your Business:
You will need to sit down for a moment and come up with some holiday content ideas. Just mentioning the holiday and saying “Happy National Hugging Day” – won’t cut it.
There are many things you can do. Maybe make a freebie for Halloween, or create a haunted house and take your audience with you through a live video.
Think in terms of something fun, unique, and valuable. It might take you some time to come up with amazing content ideas, however, it will pay off.
However, I know you’re super busy, so if you want to save time and create amazing posts that will increase your engagement, followers, and sales, then check out The Ultimate Social Media Content Bundle.
January Social Media Holidays & Hashtags:
- January 1: New Year’s Day – #newyearscelebration
- January 3: Festival of Sleep Day – #sleepday
- January 13: Make Your Dream Come True Day – #makeyourdreamcometrue
- January 18: Martin Luther King Jr. Day – #martinlutherking
- January 21: Get to Know Your Customers Day – #gettoknowyourcustomersday
- January 21: National Hugging Day – #nationalhuggingday
- January 24: Compliment Day – #nationalcomplimentday
- January 26: Spouses Day – #nationalspousesday
- January 31: Inspire Your Heart With Art Day – #artday
January Marketing Ideas:
You can start the new year with a bang – or should I say with a discount. Everybody loves to save some money, especially at the beginning of the year.
For “Make Your Dream Come True Day” you can create a giveaway. Your followers probably want one of your products so make their dream come true and give it away. They’ll love you for that.
A Social Media holiday like “Get to Know Your Customers Day” is perfect for poll questions. Ask them something you want to know about them. Don’t forget to take notes because they will help you create new, relevant content in the future.
Do you have a dream? Well, share it on “Martin Luther King Jr. Day.” You can talk about any dream (goal) you have. Inspire your followers.
You already know what to do for “Compliment Day.” However, instead of giving the same old compliments, find something new and interesting about your followers, and mention that.
February Social Media Holidays & Hashtags:
- February 1: International Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day – #icecreamforbreakfast
- February 2: Groundhog Day – #groundhogday
- February 7: Super Bowl Sunday – #superbowlsunday
- February 7: Send a Card to a Friend Day – #sendacard
- February 9: National Pizza Day – #nationalpizzaday
- February 11: Make a Friend Day – #makeafriend
- February 12: Chinese New Year – #chinesenewyear2020
- February 14: Valentine’s Day – #valentinesday
- February 15: President’s Day – #presidentsday
- February 17: Random Acts of Kindness Day – #randomactsofkindnessday
- February 18: National Drink Wine Day – #nationaldrinkwineday
- February 20: Love Your Pet Day – #loveyourpetday
- February 22: Be Humble Day – #behumble
February Marketing Ideas:
Offer an early spring discount on “Groundhog Day” or free shipping. You choose.
You shouldn’t miss “Super Bowl Sunday.” On this day you can have a game day giveaway. It will be fun for everybody.
Never say you already have enough friends. On “Make a Friend Day” follow or add more people to your Social Media. Get to know them better and build amazing relationships. That’s how great businesses are built.
Can “Valentine’s Day” marketing ideas make your followers fall in love with you? YES! How? Well, that’s simple – with a super-duper valuable freebie. Do thorough research about what they are struggling with.
“Random Acts of Kindness Day” is perfect for helping your followers. You can do it through messenger or even on a live video.
It would be a crime to miss “Love Your Pet Day.” Our pets are family too and I’m sure your followers think the same way. So ask them to share the photos of their pets. It’s going to be cuteness and Social Media engagement overload. I call that a SUPER-WIN. What about you?
March Social Media Holidays & Hashtags:
- March 1: World Compliment Day – #compliments
- March 5: Employee Appreciation Day – #employeeappreciationday
- March 8: International Women’s Day – #internationalwomensday
- March 10: International Day of Awesomeness – #dayofawesomeness
- March 17: Saint Patrick’s Day – #saintpatricksday
- March 20: International Day of Happiness – #internationaldayofhappiness
- March 20: First Day Of Spring – #firstdayofspring
- March 23: National Puppy Day – #nationalpuppyday
- March 29: National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day – #nationalmomandpopbusinessownersday
March Marketing Ideas:
If you have a team that is working hard to help you build your business, then you should celebrate “Employee Appreciation Day.” Talk about your team and how grateful you are for them.
It’s out day ladies. “International Women’s Day” is great for connecting with other lady bosses. Inspire and motivate them by sharing your powerful story.
“Saint Patrick’s Day” is great for giving discounts or offer free shipping. Include an interesting Saint Patric’s day graphics and you’re good to go.
On the “First Day Of Spring,” you can talk about setting up spring goals. Inspire your followers to share some of their goals with you.
If you have a business, then “National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day” is definitely something you should celebrate. Maybe with a discount or even with a giveaway.
April Social Media Holidays & Hashtags:
- April 1: April Fools Day – #aprilfoolsday
- April 4: Easter Sunday – #eastersunday
- April 7: World Health Day – #worldhealthday
- April 10: National Sibling Day – #nationalsiblingday
- April 11: National Pet Day – #nationalpetday
- April 14: International Moment of Laughter Day – #laughing
- April 17: Husband Appreciation Day – #husbandappreciationday
- April 22: Earth Day – #earthday2020
- April 27: Tell a Story Day – #tellastory
April Marketing Ideas:
“World Health Day” is perfect for everyone who is in the health and fitness industry. On this day you can give away a freebie and grow your email list.
You can do so much on “Easter Sunday.” Host a giveaway or grow your email list by sharing a valuable freebie. You can also have a discount on one of your products. There are no limits – you can even dress up as a bunny and host a free masterclass (that would be interesting hehe).
If you’re someone like me who loves to joke around and make people laugh, then don’t miss the “International Moment of Laughter Day.” Share a joke related to your niche, or talk about a funny story.
“Tell a Story Day” is perfect for telling stories (duh!). Here’s your chance to share an emotional story and inspire your followers.
May Social Media Holidays & Hashtags:
- May 1: May Day – #mayday
- May 2: Brothers and Sisters Day – #brothersandsisters
- May 5: Cinco de Mayo Day – #cincodemayo
- May 6: International No Diet Day – #nodietday
- May 9: Mother’s Day – #mothersday
- May 15: International Day of Families – #internationaldayoffamilies
- May 20: Be a Millionaire Day – #millionairelife
- May 31: Memorial Day – #memorialday
- May 31: World No Tobacco Day – #worldnotobaccoday
May Marketing Ideas:
You can’t go wrong with a giveaway on “May Day.” Well, to be honest, you can never go wrong with a giveaway.
If you are in the health and fitness niche, then don’t forget the “International No Diet Day.” It’s perfect for sharing a freebie with healthy dessert recipes. Make it yummy and sweet for your followers.
On “Mother’s Day” talk about your struggles as being a mom and a business owner. Share your best tips on how to balance life and business. Every mom will appreciate it.
RELATED BLOG POST: 43 MOTHER’S DAY POSTS FOR FACEBOOK
If you want to become a millionaire, then “Be a Millionaire Day” is something you should celebrate. Talk about why you want to become a millionaire and how you are going to help others when that happens. Show your followers you are there to help them, not just to collect their money and run.
For “Memorial Day” you can give your followers a discount and tell them you are going to donate some of the money to a specific charity. And of course, the charity has to be related to the holiday.
June Social Media Holidays & Hashtags:
- June 1: National Say Something Nice Day – #saysomethingnice
- June 4: National Donut Day – #nationaldonutday
- June 5: World Environment Day – #worldenvironmentday
- June 8: Best Friend Day – #bestfriendday
- June 15: Smile Power Day – #smilepower
- June 17: Eat Your Vegetables Day – #eatyourvegetables
- June 19: Juneteenth Day – #juneteenth
- June 20: First Day Of Summer – #firstdayofsummer
- June 20: Father’s Day – #fathersday
- June 21: National Selfie Day – #nationalselfieday
- June 23: Let it Go Day – #letitgo
- June 26: Forgiveness Day – #forgiveness
- June 29: Hug Holiday – #hugday
- June 30: Social Media Day – #socialmediaday
June Marketing Ideas:
Yummy, it’s “National Donut Day.” You don’t need to give away donuts, but if you will, don’t forget about me. On a more serious note, a sweet giveaway or a yummy valuable freebie would be a good move from your side.
If you notice your Social Media engagement is going down, celebrate “Smile Power Day.” How? By taking a photo of yourself with a big beautiful smile. Selfies usually boost engagement.
We should all celebrate “Juneteenth Day.” Let’s step together, support our black friends, and fight against racism! Share why love is better than hate.
“First Day Of Summer” can be celebrated with a hot discount on all of your products. Make the summer even hotter!
RELATED BLOG POST: 17 SUMMER MARKETING IDEAS FOR SOCIAL MEDIA
Let’s not forget about “Father’s Day”. Maybe you had a painful childhood as I did (my dad was not around much), however, you can still share the love for all the dads out there.
On “National Selfie Day” you should definitely share your photo. That will boost your Social Media engagement. But don’t just post a selfie. Talk about your story or share a quick tip.
Yes, there is such a thing as “Social Media Day.” And it’s a perfect day to share some exclusive Social Media tips that will help your followers grow their business.
July Social Media Holidays & Hashtags:
- July 1: International Joke Day – #funnyjokes
- July 4: Independence Day – #independenceday
- July 5: Work-a-Holic Day – #workaholic
- July 7: World Chocolate Day – #chocolateday
- July 15: National Give Something Away Day – #giveawaytime
- July 15: Get to Know Your Customers Day – #gettoknowyourcustomersday
- July 17: World Emoji Day – #worldemojiday
- July 18: National Ice Cream Day – #nationalicecreamday
- July 26: All or Nothing Day – #allornothing
- July 26: Aunts and Uncles Day – #auntsanduncles
- July 30: International Day of Friendship – #internationaldayoffriendship
- July 31: National Mutt Day – #nationalmuttday
July Marketing Ideas:
What can you do for “Independence Day?” It’s simple – have a one-day flash sale. That can definitely make you some extra money.
RELATED BLOG POST: 4TH OF JULY CAPTIONS FOR INSTAGRAM TO HELP YOU BOOST ENGAGEMENT
“National Give Something Away Day” is perfect for giveaways or freebies. Surprise your followers and they will love you even more.
Don’t forget about “Get to Know Your Customers Day.” They are the soul of your business, so make them feel special. Ask them questions, or give them something for free.
Do you love emojis? They are fun to use so on “World Emoji Day” you can ask your followers which is their favorite emoji. This will boost your Social Media engagement.
Woohoo, it’s “Aunts and Uncles Day!” I became a proud aunt in 2019 – that’s why all the excitement. Aunts and uncles are a part of our family too, so it’s a perfect day to share a valuable lesson they taught you.
“International Day of Friendship” can be an amazing day to show your followers you are their friend. Talk about how much they mean to you.
August Social Media Holidays & Hashtags:
- August 1: Friendship Day – #friendshipday
- August 1: Sister’s Day – #sistersday
- August 5: Work Like a Dog Day – #workinglikeadog
- August 8: International Cat Day – #internationalcatday
- August 9: Book Lovers Day – #bookloversday
- August 10: Lazy Day – #lazyday
- August 11: Son and Daughter Day – #sonanddaughter
- August 15: Relaxation Day – #relaxationday
- August 16: National Tell a Joke Day – #nationaltellajokeday
- August 19: World Photo Day – #worldphotoday
- August 26: National Dog Day – #nationaldogday
August Marketing Ideas:
If you don’t have a sister, but most of your followers are women, then you can still celebrate “Sister’s Day.” Inspire your entrepreneurial sisters to step together and help each other out. Of course, you need to make the first step.
As entrepreneurs, we have to read personal development books. So on “Book Lovers Day” share your favorite book and talk about it.
Do you want to take a break from all the business stuff? Then “Lazy Day” is perfect for you (and me – hey I need it too 😉 ). Make a quick post telling your followers you are taking a day off.
And now back to work! You should make an emotional post about your kids because it’s “Son and Daughter Day.” Most of your followers will definitely relate to you more after this.
It’s time for being funny. On “National Tell a Joke Day” you can share any joke (related to your niche, or not – it doesn’t matter).
Dogs can teach us many things, that’s why on “National Dog Day” you should share a story about what you learned for your dog. If you don’t have a dog, just skip this idea, or hey…get a dog 😉
September Social Media Holidays & Hashtags:
- September 6: Fight Procrastination Day – #noprocrastination
- September 6: Read a Book Day – #readabookday
- September 6: Labor Day – #laborday
- September 11: Patriot Day – #patriotday
- September 12: National Grandparent’s Day – #nationalgrandparentsday
- September 13: Positive Thinking Day – #positivethinkingonly
- September 19: National Women’s Friendship Day – #femalefriendship
- September 21: International Peace Day – #internationalpeaceday
- September 21: World Gratitude Day – #worldgratitudeday
- September 22: Business Women’s Day – #womeninbusinessrock
- September 22: First Day of Fall – #firstdayoffall
September Marketing Ideas:
On “Fight Procrastination Day” share the top 3 tips that will help your followers stop procrastinating. You can also share your own experience with procrastination.
“Labor Day” is perfect for shopping, so offer a discount or free shipping on your products. Another great idea is a contest.
Positive thinking is a big part of success. That’s why “Positive Thinking Day” is great for sharing advice about how to have stay positive in negative situations.
You should always be grateful, especially on “World Gratitude Day.” Talk about what you are thankful for and ask your followers to do the same.
It’s our day ladies! Let’s celebrate “Business Women’s Day.” There are more and more successful women entrepreneurs in the business world, so talk about your favorite one who inspired you the most.
RELATED BLOG POSTS:
– 20 THINGS SUCCESSFUL WOMEN ENTREPRENEURS DO DIFFERENTLY
– 10 SECRETS OF SUCCESSFUL FEMALE ENTREPRENEURS
It’s the start of a new season – “First Day of Fall.” Perfect for a quick giveaway or a challenge.
October Social Media Holidays & Hashtags:
- October 1: International Coffee Day – #internationalcoffeeday
- October 1: World Smile Day – #worldsmileday
- October 5: Do Something Nice Day – #dosomethingnice
- October 13: National Train Your Brain Day – #trainyourbrain
- October 14: National Dessert Day – #nationaldessertday
- October 21: Get to Know Your Customers Day – #gettoknowyourcustomersday
- October 23: Make a Difference Day – #makeadifferenceday
- October 30: National Checklist Day – #checklist
- October 31: Halloween – #halloweenday
October Marketing Ideas:
Where are all my coffee lovers at? “International Coffee Day” is our day. So to celebrate it, share a funny selfie with coffee.
Do you want to build great relationships and trust with your followers? Then don’t miss the “Do Something Nice Day.” Ask them what they are struggling with most and then help them out by providing valuable tips.
It’s “Get to Know Your Customers Day” again. You can create a poll question. Ask them what do they want to learn more about or any other questions to get to know them better.
“Halloween” can be really great for your business growth. You can dress up and make a live video, give a discount, or anything else. If you want to spook your sales through the roof, then grab these Fun Halloween Marketing Ideas.
November Social Media Holidays & Hashtags:
- November 1: National Author’s Day – #nationalauthorsday
- November 6: Book Lovers Day – #bookloversday
- November 10: National Forget Me Not Day – #forgetmenot
- November 11: Veterans Day – #veteransday
- November 13: World Kindness Day – #worldkindnessday
- November 16: Entrepreneurs Day – #nationalentrepreneursday
- November 17: World Peace Day – #worldpeaceday
- November 25: Thanksgiving – #thanksgivingday
- November 26: Black Friday – #blackfriday
- November 27: Small Business Saturday – #smallbusinesssaturday
- November 28: Advent Season – #adventseason
- November 28: Hanukkah Begins – #hanukkah
- November 29: Cyber Monday – #cybermonday
November Marketing Ideas:
On “Book Lovers Day” you can talk about your favorite personal development book or any other book that helped you achieve success. Also, don’t forget to ask your followers which book changed their life.
“Veterans Day” shouldn’t be about business. Show that you care about military veterans. Talk about bravery and gratitude towards them.
Share your best entrepreneur tips on “Entrepreneurs Day.” Help out your followers to achieve more success in their business. After all, value is what they want from you.
On “Thanksgiving” it’s obvious you are going to talk about what you are thankful for. But besides saying you are grateful for your followers, you can actually show them that by having a giveaway.
“Black Friday” is all about good deals. And because “Small Business Saturday” and “Cyber Monday” are right after, you should have a 4 day special discount on your products.
December Social Media Holidays & Hashtags:
- December 1: World Aids Awareness Day – #aidsawareness
- December 4: Santa’s List Day – #santaslist
- December 6: Saint Nicholas Day – #saintnicholas
- December 9: Christmas Card Day – #christmascards
- December 21: First Day of Winter – #firstdayofwinter
- December 24: Christmas Eve – #christmaseve
- December 25: Christmas – #christmasday
- December 31: New Years Eve – #newyearseve
December Marketing Ideas:
RELATED BLOG POST: 200+ Killer Christmas Captions For Your Business
You should definitely plan for “Christmas Card Day.” If you want to make a great impression on other entrepreneurs, why not send them a Christmas card. Everyone is sending emails, so be different.
Brace yourself, winter is coming! It’s the “First Day of Winter” and it’s cold outside. So why not make your followers warm with a hot giveaway?
Have a whole week of great deals before “Christmas.” Make it a no-brainer for your followers to buy from you. But don’t have 50-80% discounts. It will have a counter effect and people won’t buy because high discounts usually mean low quality. Instead, create bundles, add additional value to them, and have a 20-30% discount.
Growing your business can be really challenging because there are so many people now working online. It can be hard to stand out from the crowd.
However, with these Social Media holidays and marketing ideas, you are more prepared and ready to conquer the online world.
Save this blog post for fast access when you need it. Plan your content ahead and you will start seeing better results in your business.
And if you didn’t already get my freebie with 100 Social Media post ideas for boosting engagement, then grab it here. It will help you create Social Media content faster.